Your roofing in Winston-Salem NC is constantly experiencing change due to various reasons – from sunlight to hailstorms, from aging to wind. Inspecting your roof twice a year will enable you to determine the areas that are damaged so that the worse possibilities (such as thousands of dollars-worth of roof replacement) can be prevented.
It‘s important to note that roof inspection has its risks, since doing so would require you to use and climb up a ladder. The National Roofing Contractors Association recognizes that fact there are a number of homeowners who prefer to do the inspection on their own. However, the association suggests you should have at least some expert roofers in Winston-Salem NC to assist you when performing an inspection.
In order to address safety concerns, here are some guidelines when climbing up and down a ladder:
- Inspect the ladder you’ll be using.
- Position the ladder on compact, level ground.
- It may be best to extend the ladder for at least three feet beyond the edges of the gutters and place it a foot away from the house.
- Make sure to use both of your hands when going up the ladder.
DIY Roof Inspection Checklist
When you’re already on top of your roof, look for the following:
- Shingles that are curling, loose, buckling, or missing
- Worn-out or loose material near the chimneys, pipes, and other holes or penetrations
- Abundance of shingle granules within your gutters
- Damaged flashing
- Formation of mold and mildew
- Rotten parts of the roof
Roof assessment is a prerequisite of roof maintenance. It’s best that this is done twice a year. Should you have any concerns or problems with regard to inspecting your roof, please don’t hesitate to seek help from us at Cooley Roofing & Construction. We conduct roof repairs and other roofing services.
Have your roof thoroughly assessed today. Call Cooley Roofing & Construction at 366-766-6488.